Bring your own one-of-a-kind creations — to light
Express your creativity
— create your own, one-of-a-kind light fixture — and enjoy it every day —
with The Original Cloth Cord Swag and Pendant Light Kits from shandells.com.
For my Cloth Cord Light Kits I’ve chosen the same high-quality materials and components that I use in my own high-end creations. This delicious cloth cord is Made in the U.S., and all the kits are assembled-to-order here in my workshop studio in Millerton, N.Y.
Put a Bulb In It
The idea for these light kits surfaced after my friend Pam Kueber of RetroRenovation.com and I taped a video sharing ideas to create upcycled pendant light shades.
After doing the video, we discovered that the only DIY swag and pendant light kits on the market today are plastic. Can you believe it: No one was making kits using gorgeous, vintage-style cloth cord. So, building on my longtime lamp-making experience – I decided to create these kits for everyone interested in working with this wonderful art form.
My kits including everything you need to string your light, including instructions. You can choose from:
- Swag Kit with 12- or 15-feet of cord…
- Pendant Kit starting with 2′ of cord…
- Note: Your kit arrives with the porcelain socket already wired to the cloth cord… you add your shade and finish the rest…
- Four cloth cord colors: Putty, Gold, Brown or Red…
- Coordinating hardware in Brass or Nickel…
- Two Ball Jar kits — I wire on the lid, you add your own Jelly Jar and complete the project…
- And, I offer vintage, Edison-style light bulbs if you want to top off your project with this detail.
- Prices? I am a longtime independent craftsperson — I buy the materials wholesale — and then pull them into kits for you with no middleman involved. No big box retailers involved. No big marketing machine. Just us folks. That is: Me.
This Little Light of Mine — I’m Gonna Let It Shine
Whether you are into upcycling, crafting, vintage, collage, scrapbooking, or some other art form — and want to use your skills to create a work-of art lighting fixture…. Or whether you simply want to hang a special lampshade in a special place — my Cloth Cord Swag & Pendant Light Kits are designed to help.
Truly: Your imagination has no limits when it comes to what you can do to create a pendant or swag light of your very own. What will you create?